Before the new year gets here and as everyone begins to prepare their annual resolutions I would like to propose a pack to spend less and save more in this new year. The holidays have eaten up a ton of our money and what better way to refresh than to make a fresh start in 2018.
I’ve always wanted to save but never fully committed to it, so by making this post I’m publicly committing myself to start doing so, and I want to share with you all how I plan to do so.
- Stop buying things I don’t need or know I will not get much use out of. These items include handbags, extra makeup (ex: lipsticks because I have a ton already), etc. over consumption of these items will only build clutter and less money in your pocket.
- Whenever you want to spend money on something , instead of buying it put that money back. You was going to spend the anyway. Why not store it away for a rainy day or when you see that that product goes on sale.
- If it’s a deal you absolutely cannot pass up, like a limited edition or limited stock item , if you have the money then go ahead and purchase BUT make sure to also take out the same amount of money you spent and store it away to save .
- Do not buy more of an item until your finished using up the other. I good example of this would be hair products. I’ve started to become a hair product junky and I find myself buying more hair styling products when I’m not even done with my other products.
- Eat out less . I don’t eat out a lot but for some of you who do try to make a goal to not do so as much. Typically eating at home will cost les s because you have leftovers to carry you until the next day or so.
- Try not to go to the mall because there will be thing you will see and want to buy , so it’s no need in tempting yourself. If you do have to go for one item make yourself accountable to go in for that one thing and leave out !
- Store apps and social media temptations are hard to beat but if you can try not to get drawn in my new item promotions and sales.
I hope these tips and tricks will help you save this new year. I plan on using them and possibly making an updated post after a few months to share with you all my progress. I hope you plan to join me in saving this year. Let me know what you all think in the comments below. Talk to you all in my next post, muah !