Do you ever contemplate what you want to bring for a trip? I know I have, especially with makeup. I feel like I need everything when in actuality I don’t. Well if your like me don’t worry! I’m going to be sharing my summer friendly makeup packing tips.
I will be showing you all my essentials I pack for a trip and why. This post is more for road trips, as I do not include criteria for packing for a plane trip, but you can adjust any of the tips to your preference. Also these tips are year round friendly but the makeup is summer friendly.
When packing makeup you want to have a spacious makeup bag. This is essential because you do not want to have to carry multiple bags. I recommend the standard, double-sided interior bags. My bag also came with a compartment in the middle for brushes and any small knick-knacks. A good sturdy makeup bag is an essential for any trip you take.
Let’s get into what you would want to pack.
I love to pack makeup that is very light on my face, especially for summer.
The packing process for my face is simple, because I only pack products that will give me a natural look. This is simply because it’s summer, and most likely wherever I’m going it will be pretty hot, so I want to be comfortable.
- I’m packing my Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer because it has SPF and it’s extremely lightweight.
- I also threw in my NARS All Day Luminous Foundation because it’s also lightweight and it gives you a nice, light to medium coverage glow for pictures.
- My Dermablend Powder was essential to pack so that I can set my makeup and also bake if I’m going out for the night.
- For setting sprays I added the Supergoop Makeup Setting Spray which also acts as a good sunscreen (great if you will be outdoors).
- Then, I added my Mario Budescu Rosewater Spray because it’s great to refresh your face throughout the day whether you’re wearing makeup or not.
- I like to pack my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow because it’s waterproof and stays on all day.
- The Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer is great to add because I use it to shape my brows to give them more definition.
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel is great to bring if you want to make sure your brows remain in place all day.
- The Urban Decay Primer Potion is great if you plan to wear any eye shadow on the trip. This will ensure that your eye shadow stays in place all day.
- I’m also packing a mini mascara. It’s best to always pack any minis that you have so that you can save space. If you know you will get into water, then make sure you have waterproof mascara.
- My chestnut MAC Lip Liner is key because it’s slim and can fit in my purse while I’m on my trip, and it’s versatile for any lip color I choose.Pack items that are versatile in use so that you won’t have to back multiple different items. This also helps with saving space.
- As for lip gloss, I’m bringing my fudge Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss because it will match any outfit I choose.
- For lip balm I’m packing my mini Jack Black Lip Balm. This lip balm is great if you’re going to be outdoors because it has SPF in it. If you’re going somewhere sunny or you plan to be out in the sun, having as many SPF products as possible will be helpful in protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
You would want to pack makeup that will enhance your look if your going out on the town. I don’t really need to pack these makeup products, but if I plan to go out for the night or during the day then it will be great to have some extra glam makeup.
When packing extra makeup that you may not need or use, make sure to pack versatile products that come with multiple shades and colors for variety. All of the “enhancers” I’m mentioning have packaging that’s slim, which helps with space. You also want to conserve as much space as possible just in case you buy makeup on your trip.
- I’m adding my Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette because it has a variety of colors and options for me to choose from if I want a pop of color for the trip.
- To enhance my glow, I’m also bringing my Anastasia Beverly Hills Sundipped Glow Kit because it’s a great way for me to enhance my look in a natural way.
- Lastly, I’m packing a Morphe Eye Shadow Palette that comes with a variety of options, and the colors are all natural-looking so they will match any outfit. Pack a makeup palette that will match all outfits, so that you won’t have to pack multiple eye shadow palettes. This helps with space.
What is makeup packing without your essential brushes? I like to only pack one of each brush that I need, and also a brush that I can use for multiple things. For example, the ELF Brush shown is great for highlight or dusting away powder.
- Real Techniques Blush Brush
- Real Techniques Powder Brush
- Sigma Flat Kabuki Brush
- Elf Tapered Blending Brush
- Anastasia Concealer Brush
- Japonesque Brow Brush
- Luxie Dreamcatcher Brush Set
What are your packing tips? Let me know in the comments below! As always, I’ll talk to you all in my next post, muah!